CHRISTMAS GINGERBREAD MEN Recipe
Published: December 3, 2012
- Cook: 10-12 mins
- 140 g butter
- 100 g dark muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 350 g plain flour, sieved
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 heaped tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2-3 pieces stem ginger, drained from syrup in jar
- Preheat oven to 200°C / Fan 190°C / Gas mark 6.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the sugar and golden syrup.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon, along with a pinch of salt. Stir well.
4. Pour the melted butter mixture, along with the chopped stem ginger into the dry ingredients and mix until it comes together as a ball of dough.
5. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to 5mm thick and stamp out 10-12 gingerbread men using your cookie cutter.
6. Line two baking trays with silicon paper and carefully place the gingerbread men onto the paper using a palette knife.
7. Bake for 10-12mins, along to cool on the tray and then transfer onto a wire rack until crunchy.
8. Dust the gingerbread men with icing sugar and serve. If not serving immediately store in an airtight tin.