New Season Asparagus with Sweet Potato Rosti & Poached Eggs Recipe
Published: May 2, 2012
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
- 1 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 50 ml cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 sweet potatoes peeled & grated
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 free-range eggs
- 8 aspargus tips cooked for 3-4mins in boiling salted water until just softened
- sea salt & black pepper
- Mix the horseradish sauce, cream and lemon juice in a bowl and season with sea salt & black pepper. Set aside (or if not using until later keep refrigerated).
- Place the grated sweet potato, 2 eggs, sea salt and pepper in a bowl and stir to combine. Heat olive oil in a frying pan and spoon tablespoons of the potato mixture on to the pan, flattening to approx. 1-1.5cm. Cook the rostis for 2-3 mins on each side until golden and completely cooked. Set aside on kitchen paper.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and pour in the white wine vinegar. Use a spoon to create a whirlpool and gently crack each egg into the water. Poach for 3-4mins and gently remove with a slotted spoon.
- Place a softly poached egg on each rosti and drizle over the horseradish cream and top with asparagus spears.