Risotto with Mascarpone & Asparagus Recipe
Published: May 2, 2012
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
- 1.5 litres vegetable / chicken stock
- 100 g butter
- 1 small onion peeled & finely chopped
- 600 g arborio rice
- 300 ml dry white wine
- 1 unwaxed lemon juice & zest
- 2 tbsp mascarpone
- 50 g butter
- 100 g parmesan grated
- Bunch asparagus spears
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Bring the stock to the boil in a medium-sized pan.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter over a fairly low heat. Add onion & sweat until soft and translucent. Then add the arborio rice and stir well so it is coated with the butter.
- Turn up the heat slightly, add the wine and let it evaporate almost completely. Add a ladle of stock, stirring gently. Once one ladle is absorbed, add further ladles, ensuring all the time that the rice is just covered by the liquid. This will take approx. 18-20mins. Remove from the heat and taste. It should be soft, with a gentle bite.
- Gently stir in the lemon juice and zest, mascarpone, extra butter and parmesan. Put the lid on the saucepan.
- Snap off the woody ends of the parmesan and cook in boiling salted water for 3-4mins, until just softened, and drain.
- Season the risotto with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve on heated plates, with the asparagus spears placed on the top.