Spinach & Prawn Filo Tart Recipe
Published: January 4, 2013
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Cook: 15-18 mins
- 6-8 sheets filo pastry
- 15g melted butter
- 75ml natural yoghurt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2tbsp milk
- 75g shelled prawns
- 1tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1kg spinach, wilted cooked in a saucepan over a low heat with 1 oz butter and 1 tbsp water. Then drained.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a tart tin, or several smaller tart tins with filo pastry. Press carefully into the edges. Brush with melted butter.
2. Mix together the yoghurt and egg yolks, and gradually add the milk and mix until smooth.
3. Place the spinach, prawns and parsley on the base of the flan, and pour the yoghurt sauce over the top. Sprinkle with black pepper and bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
4. Serve hot or allow to cool and serve with a crisp salad of green leaves.
- Skill Level: Easy