Summer Vegetable & Chicken Tagine Recipe
Published: June 26, 2012
- Yield: 8-10 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
- 1 medium cooked chicken cut into 1cm strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10 small onions
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 inch ginger peeled & grated
- 125 g green lentils
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 900 ml chicken stock
- 150 g summer carrots scrubbed
- 2 fennel bulbs cut into 6 wedges
- 2 summer yellow courgettes halved & cut into chunks
- 200 g garden peas
- 3 tbsp flat leaf parsley chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a casserole or tagine and add the onions, cooking for 2-3mins. Add the garlic, ginger, lentils and spices and cook for another 3mins.
- Add in the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15mins until lentils are softened and the liquid has reduced slightly.
- Add in the carrots, fennel and courgettes, and simmer for 5 mins. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add in the strips of cooked chicken, peas and flat leaf parsley and cook for 5mins. Check the seasoning and serve immediately with cous cous or quinoa.